I understand that participation in training /event activities involves a certain degree of risk and can be physically, mentally, and emotionally demanding or can even lead to death. I also understand that participation in these activities is entirely voluntary and requires participants to abide by applicable rules and standards of conduct.
Based on the vast experience of the medical community, R4H Health Solutions Limited t/a Wild Forest Gym has identified the following risk factors that may limit your participation in training.
- Excessive body weight
- Heart trouble or Heart disease (e.g., CHF, CAD, MI)
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Epilepsy or Seizures
- Lung/respiratory disease
- Asthma or breathing problems
- Fainting spells or dizziness
- Muscular/skeletal injuries
- Psychiatric/psychological and emotional difficulties
Known Risks From Training Include
- Injury from dropping weighted items such as logs or stones
- Injury from walking, running, crawling barefoot and barehanded i.e. sharp objects, needles, glass, metal.
- Injury from climbing on trees and boulders.
- Injury from throwing, catching, lifting, pulling, pushing – branches, logs, stones and boulders.
- Injury/illness from water immersion.
Cuts and open wounds If you cut yourself during training with a sharp or unknown object it is recommended that you have a tetanus jab. Tetanus is caused by infection with Clostridium tetani bacteria. These bacteria can enter your body through a wound or cut in your skin. They are often found in soil and manure. Similarly, you are at risk if you arrive at training with an existing cut or open wound. For more information visit the NHS website.
- I am aged 16 or over or training with a responsible adult.
- I understand that all activities undertaken at R4C Health Solutions Limited t/a Wild Forest Gym (WFG) are physically and mentally challenging and there is risk involved. This includes but is not limited to water based and other obstacles, surface, trip, slip and eye hazards, and a risk of falling from height.
- Although the WFG training facilities has strict safety standards and is risk assessed the risk of serious injury or death associated with WFG cannot be totally eliminated. Therefore I understand that participation in activities and the use of facilities at WFG is entirely at my own risk. Furthermore I understand it’s my responsibility to only attempt an obstacle or training if it’s safe to do so and is within my capabilities.
- I understand that the land owner, where WFG is based, tests some but not all of the water used in the obstacles for microbiology. This is done on a risk of ingestion basis.
- I am fit and well and not on any medication of and sort that would impede me taking part in the activity/event and if I am that I have sought medical advice from my doctor before taking part and made WFG aware.
- I will comply with all instructions given to me by the organisers, employees and volunteers of WFG and will use equipment correctly and as directed (if necessary) so as not to hurt or injure anyone.
- I understand that WFG reserves the right to cancel or modify any activity/event if WFG feels such conditions would otherwise create an unsafe environment.
- I agree that WFG are not responsible for any personal items or property that is lost or stolen at WFG.
- I give permission to the WFG to use my photo and/or any other record of my participation at WFG for any legitimate purpose. I understand that all likenesses of me captured during the training sessions by the organisation or staff shall become the sole property of the organiser.
- I understand that WFG takes no liability or responsibility for any mistakes, errors or inaccuracies made by participants.
- Members Guests. If you wish to bring guests i.e. family members, colleagues, family or children along then it is hereby agreed that you will be fully responsible for their care and supervision at all times as there is a risk of injury, accident or possibly death of your guests. If not signed in on a day pass or membership then they are not to use the gym, apparatus, obstacles or trails. If you personally are not able to supervise them, then you will make sure that another suitable adult will be available to take on this responsibility. At no times are a member of the Wild Forest Gym Crew, PT or Coach able to take on such responsibility. Similarly the management will not be responsible for any loss or damage to their personal possessions, valuables or vehicles.
- In case of an emergency involving me, I understand that every effort will be made to contact the individual listed as the emergency contact person. In the event that this person cannot be reached, permission is hereby given to the medical provider selected by the coach in charge to secure proper treatment, including hospitalization, anaesthesia, surgery, or injections of medication for me. Medical providers are authorized to disclose protected health information to the coach in charge and/or any physician or health care provider involved in providing medical care to the participant.
- I release R4C Health Solutions Limited t/a Wild Forest Gym, the landowner, and all employees, volunteers, related parties, or other organizations associated with the activity from any and all claims or liability arising out of this participation.
- I hereby assign and grant to the R4C Health Solutions Limited the right and permission to use and publish the photographs/ film/videotapes/electronic representations and/or sound recordings made of me at all training activities, and I hereby release R4c Health Solutions, the landowner, and all employees, volunteers, related parties, or other organizations associated with the activity from any and all liability from such use and publication.
- I hereby authorize the reproduction, sale, copyright, exhibit, broadcast, electronic storage, and/or distribution of said photographs/ film/videotapes/electronic representations and/or sound recordings without limitation at the discretion of R4c Health Solutions Limited and I specifically waive any right to any compensation I may have for any of the foregoing.