|Welcome to WildForestGym Obstacle Activity Centre, the Approved Provider for Educational Visits for Essex Council.|
Come and experience our forest oasis in Essex, where primary school children, secondary schools children and Further and Higher Education students can learn new skills, get fit and have fun at WildForestGym Obstacle Activity Centre, hosted at Nuclear Races, Brentwood.
WildForestGym is nestled in a 20 acre forest which forms part of 2000 acres of private farmland in Kelvedon Hatch. WildForestGym unique outdoor fitness gym and obstacles activity centre can provide a great learning environment for children and students.
“Wild Forest Gym offers an alternative way for young people to engage in physical activity in a woodland environment. Using the natural surroundings as a tool for fitness activities, the instructor uses a very holistic approach in training the body, mind and soul. The young people can then apply these experiences into other areas of their lives.” Pippa Meades, District Based Youth and Community Commissioner, Essex County Youth Service.
How about organising:
Pupil Premium Activities
Our philosophy in training and working with children and students is to inspire and teach them staple tools and techniques that will give them an opportunity to grow, develop, gain confidence and in some cases an opportunity to find themselves.
Simply if we can teach a child or students to:
- Climb a ladder, rope or wall, then they can learn to climb other ladders in their life.
- Jump over ridges, bars and water, then they will be able to jump up an over challenges that they are confronted with.
- Balance on beams, bars and slacklines will bring balance in their mind and emotions.
- Crawl under, though, over and down, then they will be able to crawl and adapt to those things around them.
- Run for enjoyment, rather than to escape or fend off.
- Be part of a team, to delegate, to lead, to guide, to mentor and to follow.
- Enjoy the outdoor environment, nature and it’s beauty.
- Appreciate that exercise and fitness, can be fun and enjoyable.
These learning skills are examples of an aspect of our pedagogical practices here at WildForestGym that support all students to learn at primary, secondary and higher level of education. Pedagogy in this very context can be evidenced by the very nature of learning in a natural environment which is educational, experimental, experiential, stimulating and thought provoking.
We believe that bringing the children and students into the forest will bring them in touch with their more sensitive side through contact with nature, tranquillity, peace and inspiration whilst stimulating other children to gain strength and confidence.
Check out these videos of the primary school children, high school children and further educational students in action:
Looking for a theme for your event/activity. Check these awesome themes out:
- Obstacle Mania
- Mud and Water Jump Adventure
- Natural Movement and technical Skills Activity
- Glow in the Dark
Want something different, then we can tailor an event based around your objective and expected outcome may it be fun or serious training.
How about a Jam or Competition?
Obstacle Activity Centre Features:
- An Obstacle Training Course which is a challenging 2.3k training/race course with 36 race size obstacles…more details.
- Jump Skills Training School with a 350m Jump Course and 32 technical jumps…more details.
- Obstacle Jams – Timed races of either or both the Obstacle Course and Jump Course. Options include: individual, gender, team, fun or themed races/jams.
- Coach Michael’s Quarry – An intense ridged quarry in a forest that with a technical terrain that will test running, scrambling, ascent and decent skills.
- Running School – That teaches beginners and advanced trail and cross country skills using the 2000 acres of extensive forest trails, quarry and cross country routes.
- Hub lounge / workshop room
- Indoor and outdoor seating.
- Event tents for larger events.
- Basic refreshments – Healthy energy/protein bars, cold drinks & teas & coffee.
- Event Catering.
- BBQ & Cold Food Options.
- Separate boys & girls changing rooms with changing area, toilets and hot showers.
- Secure key and valuable deposit.
- Camping – unlimited numbers.
- Personal Liability & Indemnity Insurance up to £10million.
- On site first aiders.
- Private FREE parking for 120 visitors.
- Natural Movement Coach of the renowned MovNat Organisation.
- Founder & Head Coach at WildForestGym
- Head Coach to UK OCR elite & age Group champions 2016
Every event is tailored to your exact needs. Here is our standard prices. Please feel free to contact us to discuss your tailored activity and then we will provide a full quote.
- 1.5hr Activity from £8.50
- 2hr Activity from £11pp **MOST POPULAR**
- 3hr Activity from £16.50pp
- Full day – please enquire.
These prices are based on a minimum of 20 participants. For smaller groups please enquire.
Want to know more, have an idea to discuss for an event or activity? Want to book a site visit and see our amazing facilities? Enquire here.