|Welcome to WildForestGym Obstacle Activity Centre, working in Partnership with Essex Youth Services.|
Check out these videos of teenagers in action:
Come and experience this newly discovered oasis in Essex, where Essex’s youth can learn new skills, get fit and have fun at WildForestGym Obstacle Activity Centre, hosted at Nuclear Races, Brentwood.
WildForestGym is nestled in a 20 acre forest which forms part of 2000 acres of private farmland in Kelvedon Hatch. WildForestGym unique outdoor fitness gym and obstacles activity centre can provide a great learning environment for children and students.
“Wild Forest Gym offers an alternative way for young people to engage in physical activity in a woodland environment. Using the natural surroundings as a tool for fitness activities, the instructor uses a very holistic approach in training the body, mind and soul. The young people can then apply these experiences into other areas of their lives.” District Based Youth and Community Commissioner, Essex County Youth Service.
How about organising:
Pupil Premium Activities
Our philosophy in training and working with teenagers to inspire and teach them staple tools and techniques that will give them an opportunity to grow, develop, gain confidence and in some cases an opportunity to find themselves.
Simply if we can teach a teenager to:
- Climb a ladder, rope or wall, then they can learn to climb other ladders in their life.
- Jump over ridges, bars and water, then they will be able to jump over challenges in their life.
- Balance on beams, bars and slacklines will bring balance in their mind and emotions.
- Crawl under, though, over and down, then they will be able to crawl and adapt to those things around them.
- Run for enjoyment, rather than to escape or fend off.
- Be part of a team, to delegate, to lead, to guide, to mentor and to follow.
- Enjoy the outdoor environment, nature and it’s beauty.
- Appreciate that exercise and fitness, can be fun and enjoyable.
These learning skills are examples of an aspect of our pedagogical practices here at WildForestGym that support all students to learn at secondary and higher level of education. Pedagogy in this very context can be evidenced by the very nature of learning in a natural environment which is educational, experimental, experiential, stimulating and thought provoking.
We believe that bringing the students into the forest will bring them in touch with their more sensitive side through contact with nature, tranquillity, peace and inspiration whilst stimulating other children to gain strength and confidence.
Want a Jam or Competition?
Obstacle Activity Centre Features:
- An Obstacle Training Course which is a challenging 2.3k training/race course with 36 race size obstacles…more details.
- Jump Skills Training School with a 350m Jump Course and 32 technical jumps…more details.
- Obstacle Jams – Timed races of either or both the Obstacle Course and Jump Course. Options include: individual, gender, team, fun or themed races/jams.
- Coach Michael’s Quarry – An intense ridged quarry in a forest that with a technical terrain that will test running, scrambling, ascent and decent skills.
- Running School – That teaches beginners and advanced trail and cross country skills using the 2000 acres of extensive forest trails, quarry and cross country routes.
- Hub lounge / workshop room
- Indoor and outdoor seating.
- Event tents for larger events.
- Basic refreshments – Healthy energy/protein bars, cold drinks & teas & coffee.
- Event Catering.
- BBQ & Cold Food Options.
- Separate boys & girls changing rooms with changing area, toilets and hot showers.
- Secure key and valuable deposit.
- Camping – unlimited numbers.
- Personal Liability & Indemnity Insurance up to £10million.
- On site first aiders.
- Private FREE parking for 120 visitors.
- Natural Movement Coach of the renowned MovNat Organisation.
- Coach & Manager to TEAM WildForestGym Elite OCR Racing Team.
- Head Coach to OCR Team UK (National Obstacle Team).